Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I'm no longer "pissed off"!

 I finally got my daughter potty trained a while back and we even graduated to the beloved princess potty that sits on top of the "real" toilet!!! I thought my days of dealing with piss and poop was over (until the arrival of our second child in July)
lame princess potty 
When we brought this home from our beloved Target we were both very excited!!! Until, Emma used it twice or so...
I found my self on my hands and knees on my bathroom floor sniffing the floor around the toilet like a freaking Blood Hound! "Where is this pee smell coming from?!?", I asked myself EVERY DAY!! Now, I would like to think that I keep a clean house and the fact that every time I went into the guest bathroom & it smelled like a damn urinal made me lose my mind a bit more and more every time I stepped foot into that room!
I cleaned, I scrubbed, I soaked, I blamed the dog and even blamed my husband (as if he hasn't been using a toilet for 30 years...) I was getting really pissed off! Until I took apart Emma's Potty... If you look at the picture above you can see there is plastic with a cushion seat on top that comes apart. Anyway, as I was getting this thing open I was shocked to see pee come spilling out of it!!! OMFG gross! There it was.... Old, nasty, smelly Emma pee. I finally found the smell I was looking for!
For whatever reason the way this amazing potty was designed let pee into the plastic tray below the seat. BRILLIANT!!! Now, I have now problem cleaning this potty say.... 2 times a week. But, nope! I found that every time my husband or I removed the seat to use the toilet pee would leak out onto our floor!!! EVERY TIME SHE USED THE DAMN THING PEE WOULD GET STUCK IN IT!!!! Now, I don't know about you but.... I sure as hell don't have the time or energy to go take apart a toilet, wash it, disinfect it, dry it, clean the floor and put it back together and back in the bathroom before little Miss. Piss a lot returns to her thrown!  

So... I guess you can say we "broke up" with that Princess Potty from Hell the day a great friend of my told me about this toilet she was getting to start her daughter on the great potty training adventure!! "A real toilet seat with a toddler seat built-in?" I asked. I could just see it now.... Life with out piss everywhere?!?! Maybe there was a god, I thought?! She took me to Lowes where they had only one left... I played it cool. (when I was really crying inside) Of course I let her get the last toilet seat but you better believe the second I got home I was on the phone looking for who else had this golden toilet she spoke of!!
well, HomeDepot had it!! We made it our first stop that Saturday morning! I asked my husband to put it in right away!! I was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!!! No more lifting/removing a toddler seat full of piss, no more cleaning pee all day, It has a "no slam" feature so, no matter what part you put down it goes down nice a slow to keep those little fingers safe and has a little magnet to keep the toddler seat up and flush the the back of the seat but it easy enough for her to pull it down her self, it's easy to attach and they have round and long shapes to fit any toilet!! I would recommend this little gem to anyone who is ready to ditch the training potty and move to the "real toilet". 

Here are some pictures of our new addition along with a link on where to get it! If you choose to become piss free like me and get this lovely thing, I hope you like it as much as we do and PLEASE let me know too!!!
SEE! You cant even tell its anything less a normal toilet seat!
easy  easy easy
TA DA! 
Normal every day toilet view

Here is the link where you can find this perfect little guy:


I Love you for reading!! Have a great day!!!
xoxo MDG

2 comments:

  1. Boy that was a excellent find!!! And your article is fantastic on the downside of the other one! Good job Tamara

    ReplyDelete