Sunday, September 4, 2011

10 min. Banana Nut Bread recipe


Yep.. you read that right, 10 min!! Fall is just around the corner (thank god!) and I decided to jump the gun a bit and make some homemade banana nut bread last night! But... I simplified it to make it fast, easy and (I think) a little more delicious then ever before! Did I mention my house smelled like a freaking bakery!!!...AMAZING... one of my favorites things EVER!! 
your nana's should look like this

Here is what you will need:
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
a pinch (or 2) of cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

No need for a mixer for this recipe!! Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix in cinnamon and nuts (if used). Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve. 
Hello!?!? How freaking easy, right?!

and there you have it!! Easy as pie!!... but its bread! 

YOU ALL MUST TRY THIS!! I mean, you CAN'T get any easier then that!! If you think you don't have time to make this... Then you have major issues!! I'm sure most of you already have 99% of ingredients in your cupboards!! 
SO DO IT!! I promise, you wont be sorry!!
-Enjoy

Hugs and bananas kisses!
Tam  XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment